Industrial Collaboration and Interaction:
Better interaction between the Department and industry is the need of the hour. This will have great bearing on the Engineering Curriculum, exposure of industrial atmosphere to engineering students and subsequent placement of young graduating engineers in Aerospace industries across the country. With the advent of globalization and opening up of Indian economy to outside world, competition among industries have become stiff. To solve their engineering problems they look up now to engg. Institutions. Similarly, there is an urgent need to prepare engineering students for jobs in multinational companies, by exposing them to newer technologies and engineering methodologies. These objectives can only be achieved well by bridging the gap between industry and the academic institute. Aim of the Cell is
- Establishment of the interaction Cell.
- Organizing Workshops, conferences and symposia with joint participation of the faculty and the industries.
- Encouraging engineers from industry to visit Engineering Institution to deliver lectures.
- Participation of experts from industry in curriculum development.
- Arranging visits of staff members to various industry
- Professional consultancy by the faculty to industries.
- Industrial testing by faculty & technicians at site or in laboratory.
- Joint research programmes and field studies by faculty and people from industries.
- Visits of faculty to industry for study and discussions or delivering lectures on subjects of mutual interest.
- Visits of industry executives and practising engineers to the Institute for seeing research work and laboratories, discussions and delivering lectures on industrial practices, trends and experiences.
- Memoranda of Understanding between the Institute and industries to bring the two sides emotionally and strategically closer.
- Human resource development programmes by the faculty for practising engineers.
- Certificate Courses and
- Final Year Students projects/dissertation work in industries under joint guidance of the faculty and experts from industry.
- Visiting faculty/professors from industries.
- Practical training of students in industries.
The Department is having industrial collaboration with leading Aviation Industries such as ;
- Taneaja Aerospace and Aviation Industries
- Salem Aero park
Centre of Excellence for UAV
The Aerospace and Defense industry in India is one of the fastest growing markets in the world. The Defense-manufacturing sector in India is also on the cusp of exponential growth given the focus of Government of India on indigenous manufacturing of Defense equipment. The growth of the sector depends heavily on the availability of industry ready engineers/professionals who can be leveraged for project deployment with minimal on-the-job training. Keeping this in view, the Aeronautical Engineering Department in association with The Institution of Engineers(India) Kolkatta is establishing the Centre of Excellence (COE) in Unmanned Aerial Vehicle and Drone Manufacturing with the objective of skill development and providing industry with trained manpower to a thriving Aerospace industry in the Aerospace hubs in the country.